Sunday, March 18, 2012

St. Paddy's Day, George, John and Holy Shit Mode

I get myself in trouble. More about that in a minute, though, let's talk about food! After a crazy all-nighter and getting home at 8 am in the morning, I took a nap and then my mom and I went up to Cath's (my Godmother) and she made us an Irish feast! Corned beef, cabbage, potatoes, soda bread and Guinness beer! It was sooo good and I was starving so I stuffed myself.

George. So, George has texted and emailed me every day since we met. Awesome. Too bad he lives so far away, right? But in the last few months, guess who has been very attentive and wonderful? John. Of course. I just realized we have been seeing each other for almost a year now, how time flies! I’m not sure exactly what changed, but he is different with me all of a sudden. Still sweet and fun, but a lot more intense and serious with the emotions. So intense in fact, that I’m in “holy shit” mode.

We stayed out all night (per usual) on Friday, going to our favorite dive bar, “Crow’s Cocktails” and having a crazy, fun time. We met some people there (as always) and we were all laughing, slamming shots and dancing along with the Jukebox well into the wee hours of the morning until they kicked us out. We hung out for a while afterward, talking and sobering up, then, it started raining softly. I told him I should be getting home, but he said, “Let’s take a walk”. So, we took a romantic walk in the rain holding hands. Then something happened that was so unexpected, I almost choked on my own spit. He said the “L” word. Yes, that one. HOLY SHIT MODE. John does not let that word fly around haphazardly like some guys. Not at all. It is something I never actually expected to hear from him, even after a night of drinking. I don’t think he expected it either. Then came this:
John: “You are so great. You are the greatest woman I have ever met. Really.”

Me: “Oh, how so?” (Smiling; heart pounding; not yet recovered from the L word.)

John: “You are so sweet, fun and easy to be around. You aren’t all emotional and scattered and moody and annoying like every other woman I know, everyone loves you. I watch you. I watch men talk to you all night long in the bar, they aren’t trying to get laid, they know you are with me, but they are drawn to you, they ignore the women they are with because you are more interesting and fun to talk to. You don’t clamor for attention; everyone just comes to you naturally. It makes me smile, knowing you are with me. She’s with me! I watch you, then I start to think, Hey! Wait a minute! I want to talk to her; I want to be next to her! That’s my Cheryl! Everybody step aside!  I really appreciate that you don’t act jealous or get all pissy when I am running late. You are awesome. And I love you. And I want to be with you all the time.”

Um, what do I do now?
After just being together for 11 hours, he called me after 5 hours of sleep. I didn’t hear my phone ring the FIRST THREE TIMES HE TRIED TO CALL leaving two voicemails. (What is going on?) I groggily answered the fourth phone call. And then we talked for 2 hours. Somebody help me, here. His business is going really well right now, and he also said this perplexing little statement in passing “I am changing some things in my life; I am in transition.” WTF does that mean?

WOW.

4 comments:

  1. That word is SCARY! lol! I'd be running for the hills but that's me. :) I guess what it comes down to is how you feel about him and if you trust him. Trust...a lot of meaning in a small word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, see that's the problem. I don't trust anyone. I want to, but I don't, and I never will. My detatchment is what is so desirable to men.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:06 AM

    Beware of the long con.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Long con? Well, I don't give money to men. Period. And *if* I were to ever get remarried (not counting on it), I am forced on paper by family to sign a pre-nup. So, if it's a con...joke's on him...

    ReplyDelete