Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Last Stop: Oasis

My last stop was the Oasis in Austin. It is a restaurant nestled along the cliffs of Lake Travis and is called "The Sunset Capital of the World". They are right. We hit it right at sunset on Cinco De Mayo and it was one of the most amazing sights I've ever seen. The pictures do not do it even the slightest bit of justice. The sun is just a HUGE ball of fire setting ever-so-slowly behind the hills. My sunglasses have a blue hue to them, so when peering at the sunset, it appeared as a big hot pink ball. Incredible. Once the sun completely sets, they ring a bell.

I had some foo-foo drink and basically a bowl of melted cheese. Yummy, melted cheese and tortilla chips. I ordered an appetizer, but only took one bite because, well, I ate a bowl of melted cheese. Shut up. I was on vacation. The boys went on after that back to 6th Street, but I elected to go back to the hotel because holy crap I was tired. 8 days of fun, but I was done. The flight back sucked. I was supposed to take off at 6:45 pm, but it was delayed over an hour, and I got to the airport at 4 pm, so I sat there what seemed like FOR-EV-ER. Thank God my morning was filled with a hot stone massage and a facial to relax me. Vacation was great fun, and Texas is cool, but I was very glad to come home. Nothing beats home. I love the beach, my pool, my mom and of course I missed little Magadog terribly. I've wanted to talk about Miss Maggie, but with Louie's passing, it seems too hard right now. Don't worry, I'm taking good care of my little girl.

Sorry about the delay in posting, but there has been something distracting me of late. ;-) I'll dish later. Maybe.













No comments:

Post a Comment