Saturday, November 13, 2010

Another day in the life.

So what happens when you are a workaholic and never leave your desk? Your coworkers get creative on ways to get you out for a birthday lunch. In mid-type, someone pulled my chair from behind and started rolling me down the hallway toward the parking lot. As we rolled past the bathroom I was told "If you have to pee, do it now, oops, too late." LOL! Gotta love them. One of my boys got me a $20 Starbucks card, too. So sweet! I can't believe they did that! The night before, I didn't leave work until midnight, and I got two messages. One was an email from the VP of the site telling me to "GO HOME" and the other was a voicemail from my friend Mario saying verbatim "WTF is going on with you never answering your phone anymore and why are you not at my house yet?"

For dinner, I was taken out to my new fav Italian restaurant (Scarantino's) down the street, and I had Capellini Pomodoro with shrimp, a glass of merlot and tiramisu for dessert. MMMMMMM full tummy.

I'm supposed to go out with David tomorrow. He wanted to drive up to Santa Barbara, but I don't want to be in the car that long, so we decided just to spend the day at the beach or something. As romantic as it sounded, I've been on one-too-many road trips the last few years and I'm just not up to it right now. Plus, I don't know how I feel about anything yet. I'm keeping everyone at a distance at the moment. Kind of like 'You can touch my boob but stay away from my heart.' HAHAHAHA. I think I am holding out for something that will never happen. I'm sure at some point I will give up.

Oh, I uploaded a bunch of pics to my Flickr account and updated my amazon list. Just in case you look at that crap. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment