Saturday, January 31, 2009

A very nice day.

My friend Jenny is the best. We click really well and we can both totally let our guard down and be ourselves around each other without worrying. It is so nice. We didn't do anything super exciting, just spent time together. Her cinnamon rolls turned out AWESOME, and her really great kids were my buddies for the day. She has 3 boys aged 8, 10 and 15, and they are the most well-behaved little gentlemen I've ever met. Now, you know how I feel about kids most of the time, right? I don't hate kids or anything, I just want to run when they are obnoxious and not well parented. For some reason, though, kids dig me. I think I've said something about this before, but to remind you, it is probably because I am the biggest sucker in the world, and I also talk to them like they are adults. Jenny knows all of this about me, so when her two youngest were hugging on me and asking me questions, then begged me to play cards with them, Jenny was watching with a big smile on her face. I taught them a new card game (2-card Gin Rummy) and they were all jazzed. Jenny just sat back and watched all of us and at the end of the night she told me how great I was with her boys and that it was so neat for her to watch. (That almost made me cry.) As weird as this is to admit, I enjoyed it. Her kids, I mean. They made me laugh and I haven't felt that way for a long time. Plus, I didn't swear at all! (Just so you know.) LOL. Maybe I should have had kids. Oh well. I'll just hang out with everyone else's. My stepson is all grown up now and I don't see him much, but we still have a great relationship. He calls me every once in a while, to see how I'm doing. He is a sweetheart, too. He has always called me "His Crazydogmama".

No comments:

Post a Comment