Friday, February 13, 2009

Important Quote

Galatians 6:7-10 “Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. Let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time we will reap if we do not grow weary. So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith.”

I don't usually post quotes from the Bible, but I am today. I read this, this morning, and it really stuck in my head, especially the "Let us not lose heart in doing good" part. It is so easy to lose heart, to give up, to stay pissed off. But it's not worth it. Carrying around anger and resentment only hurts YOU. It is an awful way to live. I gave that up a while ago, and while I still struggle with depression, I feel free of those other destructive emotions. Sure, I get grumpy like anyone else, but I'm not angry anymore. I spent MANY years hauling around that burden, and take it from me, it is NOT worth it. No good can come from it. Even to those that have hurt me I am trying to do good for, and it is quite redeeming. Not in a egotistical or smug way, but an honest and compassionate way. I like it much better.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing needs saying here; EXCEPT, I am glad you were able to give up the anger. Perhaps what attracted me to your blog was the way you write, and the fact it sounds a little like me at times. I so understand the cost of carrying around anger. It detroyed my relationships, tore apart my family, cost me jobs, ate me from the inside out, spitting out the shell.... unfortunately the shell with a nearly dead heart. It took the wakeupcall of the heart surgery and the divorce for me to finally realize what my anger was doing to me. For me, Thanks for sharing the verse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. It is nice to know someone out there appreciates what I write. Sometimes it is hard to keep writing in a blog, but if what you write touches just ONE person, it makes it all worth it. I glad you read me.

    You speak the truth about anger and the cost. I wasted so much of my life. I am so glad we have a forgiving and restoring God, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete