Tuesday, February 04, 2014

Freelancing

So, I have a brand-new life!  Again!  After my mom passed away last June from lung cancer, I really started to reevaluate everything.  I took a long road trip with my boyfriend all the way to Corpus Christie, Texas (I have never been able to travel before), my stepson moved in for 5 months before going to school in Chicago, and I quit my job in December!  Deciding to quit my job was a HUGE decision for me because I have been in the same industry, doing the same thing, for almost 20 years!  I have to say, it was the best decision I have ever made.  I was seriously burnt out and realized that I wasn't happy with my vocation.  I had a unique opportunity for the first time in my life to make a drastic change.  Being financially stable for the moment, I took the leap into freelance writing!  Writing professionally of course isn't something that happens overnight, but I am working my way slowly into some cool things and I am optimistic that if I just keep going and don't give up, I will find my niche. 

My office is now in my living room where I can work in my PJ's, drink coffee and take as many swimming breaks and naps as I want!  Well, actually, there haven't been too many breaks lately because I have been as busy as a one-legged man in an ass kicking contest, but seriously, it's cool.  I have embarked on finishing up the remodeling of the house, started doing "Krav Maga", an Israeli combat fighting discipline and, well, that's enough, isn't it?  I plan on blogging about my Arizona-New Mexico-Texas trip and the remodel, but for now just an update.  It's time for one of those naps!

No comments:

Post a Comment