Monday, April 08, 2013

Invasive Fish

So, I ran across this really interesting little webpage called Invasive Fish. Well, I didn't really "run across" it, I met the author. (A story for another time.) You should check it out for yourself, interesting stuff.  Fun pictures! You should visit. Go! Go now!

Now, some of you know that I like to fish, and that I have very fond memories of fishing with my dad. I was dragged all over as a kid camping, fishing, hiking, stuff like that, and because I was an only child, I paid attention, learned quickly and kept to myself. This gave me the edge. I remember all the old men on the docks were so impressed with how quiet and well behaved I was (not anything like I am now) and they would all clap or congratulate me when I made a good catch. I would get so excited watching the fish flop around. Other kids would get bored and cast out, reel in, cast out, reel in, and drive everyone crazy. I would just sit there patiently listening to my Walkman, finger on my line so that I could feel any little nibble. I gnawed on my beef jerky and would steal marshmallows from my dad's tackle box. Good times.  I haven't fished since my dad passed away in 2007, but I have reason to get my pole wet again now, so perhaps my dad will go with me in spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment