Saturday, January 28, 2012

Ouchie

Leave it to me to injure myself. My wrist is unhappy. It hurts so bad I can hardly stand it. I don't even know for sure how I did it, and I don't know yet what is wrong with it. The doctor thinks I probably damaged a tendon, but it feels broken to me and ACHES. X-rays won't be ready until next week and they won't give me painkillers! (Time for a new doctor.) I have to wear this damn thing for 4 weeks. I can't do any friggin' thing. Driving hurts. Sleeping hurts. Drinking a beverage hurts. Typing hurts. Changing channels on the remote hurts. You should see my hair.

Andy, my boss, yelled at me on Friday (he is so awesome, I love him) because I wouldn't go home.  Before lunch he said, "You need to go home and stop trying to type with a broken wrist. For God's sake you are typing with your body at a 35-degree angle because of that thing! I'm going to lunch. If you aren't gone by the time I get back, oh forget it, I know you'll still be here. I don't know why I bother." (Mumbling and waving his hands in the air as he walks out the door.) An hour later he walks in back from lunch, sees me, shakes his head and says, "Of course you are still here.", goes in his office and slams the door. LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment