Sunday, January 22, 2012

Old Days and Nowadays

My mother bought a few old movies. I've never really enjoyed old movies before, and never took the time to watch any of them, but she insisted so I gave in. We just watched "Bell, Book and Candle" with James Stewart, Kim Novac and Jack Lemmon. OK, I admit it, I enjoyed it. Actors of old are a little dramatic, but it works.

But what really struck me was how romance was so different. I get so sick of watching movies where two people meet and they are in bed in 5 minutes, then it doesn't work out and they meet another, and then more sex in 5 minutes. It bugs me. I guess I don't belong in this era, huh? Everyone I know has given in to the current times, but seriously, if I slept with every guy I dated, well, GOOD GOD, GROSS! But being old fashioned gets you nowhere, let me tell you. I guess that is why I'm flying solo. Sex is great, don't get me wrong, but how it is thrown around so carelessly now just makes me ill. I can't tell you how many times I've met a guy and they would ask me how big my boobs are or how I felt about anal sex on the first frigging phone call. I mean, COME ON. Call me nutty, but I just hung up. But it's not just guys, if you won't do it, be assured there is a woman not 20 feet from you who will. I can't, or should I say won't, compete with that.

In the last two years of dating, I've met only one man who was sincerely respectful. Joe. I wish it would of worked out because he really was quite chivalrous, and I have to tell you that his behavior was more of a turn-on to me than anything else. Oh well. I'm off to watch another sappy old movie, "The Ghost and Mrs. Muir".  LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment