Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas Eve!

OK, here's the scoop. Went to the doctor. She didn't seem alarmed, said it was probably an infection. I'm on antibiotics for now, getting a chest x-ray next week just to make sure, and going from there. I do not feel sick, and my lungs feel good as far as breathing goes, so hopefully it is just one of those things. Thank you for all of the thoughts and prayers!

Vacation Day 1, Friday: Woke up at 11:30 am because I stayed up until 3 am the night before watching this awful, horrible, sad movie about this dog whose master dies and the dog keeps waiting at the train station for NINE YEARS for his dead master to come home who never comes home. It is a true story and there is a statue of the dog where he waited all that time. OMG, bring on the snot bubbles! No wonder I love dogs so much, what human has that kind of loyalty? NONE. But I digress, I made breakfast burritos, then my mom and I drove up to Cath's, went to dinner, then to a Christmas church thing which was really good, and I cried some more. I'm so freakin' sappy. In the middle of the day just before church, I got two panicked calls from two different coworkers in NJ. I helped them through a crisis and appreciated all the really funny banter that we shared about having no life and working all the time. I've been promised See's candy and cash transfers to my PayPal account for saving their butts and helping during my vacation. LOL! I told them just to forward nice emails to my boss and also Santa. I worked on their problem once I got home and finished at about 2:30 am.

Today I'm probably going to make some homemade hot buttered rum batter, bake some cookies, then maybe go over to Downtown Disney with the ma and have coffee and shop and look at all the pretty Christmas decorations.

OK I'm hungry, I gotta go.

No comments:

Post a Comment