Monday, December 19, 2011

An answered prayer, and I didn't even know it!

A little while ago, October 17th to be exact, I wrote the following prayer down. I even briefly posted it on here, but then took it off. Can't remember why. I highlighted the last part, and if you read the post below this one that I wrote late last night (early morning), you will see that my prayer was answered about "being OK" with walking my road alone.

Dear God,

I'm sure you probably like it better when we pray, but I am a better writer than I am a pray-er. You know I fall asleep before I finish, and my mind wanders around on everything anyway. I'm more focused this way.

First, I want to thank you for all the things you have given me and all the prayers you have already answered. I am safe and warm, my bills are paid, I have a great job and for the first time in my life I have a savings account and money left over each month. I live in a beautiful house with a pool, you have averted me from cancer, and I have family and friends who love me. This is nothing to shake a stick at, I know. There was a time when I had no idea how I was going to get gas in my car and I was so stressed out and burnt out I thought I was going to have a stroke. This is a big difference, and I don't feel worthy of it, but thank you nonetheless. I'm sorry I haven't taken very good care of the body you have given me. I know the ailments I have are my own fault. I just ask for your help to change all these bad habits of mine.

There are so many people I want to pray for. Not just my loved ones, but for all the people who have touched my life. Stay close to them, even if they don't know you or have forgotten about you. Maybe they will feel you some day, like I do. You know all their names.

OK, here comes the hard part. I have got to be the worst so-called Christian who ever walked the face of the planet. I don't do anything right. NOT ANYTHING. No wonder you had to send Jesus. Here I am with this great life and I'm what? Sad. I have everything, and I am freaking sad. It's stupid, but I don't know what to do about it. You say in the Bible we are supposed to have joy, even in suffering. I'm not good at that. In fact, you could say I royally suck at it. I'm sad in suffering, and I'm sad when everything is fine. I'm SUPER good at doing the opposite of everything you ask of me, however. If you could forgive me, that would be awesome.

I don't know what you had/have planned for me to do, but I'm sure I'm not doing it. I want to change that. I want to do whatever it is I am destined to do for you, no matter how small. You will probably have to keep repeating yourself to me, though, because I don't listen well and I procrastinate. But you know that.

One last thing. It's about my heart. It is broken. Can you fix it? Maybe you have me slated to be this independent woman who doesn't need a companion, but if that is true, can you help me like it?

That is all for now. Thanks for listening. I love you. Good night.

In Jesus' Name, Amen.
Cher

SEE? It is important to write things down! Blogs are good!

No comments:

Post a Comment