Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Habib is trying to kill me...

So my Gastroentologist, Habib, who is the most adorable little man EVER who speaks with a stutter (you just want to hug him), made a most upsetting request yesterday.  The results of my endoscopy revealed that I only have mild acid reflux disease, so the diagnosis for the severe symptoms I have are a combination of the acid reflux and a massive anxiety disorder.  In order to lessen my troubles, Habib suggested I cut out Chocolate, Coffee, Alcohol and Smoking.

I stared at him and blinked.

Then I said "So, let me get this straight...you are asking a WOMAN with a massive ANXIETY disorder to cut out CHOCOLATE, COFFEE, ALCOHOL and SMOKING?  Are you HIGH??"

He laughed very loud.  I did not.  Then he said "OK, maybe just cut back."

I don't think he realizes that those are the things that keep me alive.

:-/

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ask your doc for citalopram. Fantastic for anxiety and I have lost weight too. No side effects on 10 mg/day.

Anonymous said...

Omfg. This is hysterical!!!! C'mon, Habib. Let's be reasonable. Xo, Annie

Cheryl said...

Seriously!! LOL