Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Boyfriend?

Okay, it seems weird to even SAY that word! I haven't had a "boyfriend" since I was 21 years old! So, here is my sappy little story.

I have been seeing this guy named John. I don't know what it is with the "J's". My ex's name is Jim, and the last few guys I've dated have been Joe, James and now John. SHEESH! John and I hit it off right away online, then on the phone, and we had sparks on the first and second dates. Our recent date on Sunday was quite a night! He took me to Long Beach where we spent, well, pretty much all night. We settled in a little tiny (and very crowded) bar where we talked for literally HOURS. He had to sit very close to me in order for us to hear each other well and that set the stage for a great night of chemistry. We laughed and actually talked with other people in the bar we didn't know. When he had to order more drinks at the bar, he leaned far over and never let go of my hand. I KNOW!

Being that neither of us wanted to leave, we kinda kept drinking. A little bit too much. So, when the bar kicked us out at 2 am, we agreed we would sit in the car until we both felt sober enough to drive and be able to pass the .08 law. We were in the car until 5 am (even though I felt completely sober by 3 am). Now for the good part. So somewhere in the wee hours of the morning, the conversation got intense. If this was a line, I have to say he is the master. He said that all of his life (he has never been married) he has looked around (grocery stores, beach, restaurants) and seen couples, you know the ones, where you can tell they have that "connection". He said he would always say to himself, "Why can't I find that? I really want that." THEN he said, "but tonight, everyone in that bar wanted to be us. I was finally on the other end." Then he kissed me. :-) He definitely earned it. WOW.

After that he invited me to meet his family on the 4th of July and said he wanted to introduce me as his girlfriend. Dude.

5 comments:

  1. Have fun! I'm so glad you're enjoying your time with someone who seems so very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have fun! I'm so glad you're enjoying your time with someone who seems so very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:41 PM

    Wow!! I love that. The boys and I are going to be in cali in december and I'll be in vegas for my 40th in oct with a bunch of friends. We so need to connect if possible. I just FB'd you too. Love you, miss you.
    Annie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks all! I am prepared for him to be full of shit, but in the meantime, I'm enjoying this! He is a good kisser. :-)

    Annie - oh, I'm SOOO going to meet you in Vegas for our 40th!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:24 PM

    WOOOO! Yay!!! We have a really fun crowd going!! Once we book, I'll send you the deets. And thanks for the FB msg, girlie. xxoo
    Annie

    ReplyDelete