Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Shopping, Dating and the Last Two Weeks in WA...

16 more days in Washington. I confirmed my "load and pack" day as the 18th with the movers - then I'm staying with my mom until the leave date of the 24th. It is flying by. I'm slowly getting everything done, but I think I will just make it by the hair on my chinny chin chin. I did not know the word exhausted until now. I've had 2 jobs before, working 7 days a week, and I still wasn't as tired as I am now. I was fighting to stay awake on the freeway coming home tonight. Hopefully I will LIVE through this.

After the party on Friday night, my mom and I decided to make a shopping day out of Saturday. It was the first sunny day we'd had in weeks and we went to a nice lunch sitting outside, and I bought some cute things for the summer. Sunday I went and got a mani/pedi and went out on a last date with a guy who has been vying for my attention for awhile. He is trying to move to California because his ex wife is moving there with his kids, but I guess I've turned into stone or something because I just don't feel anything for anyone. Nothing. I have this big wall, no FORTRESS around me that just pushes people away now. I'm social and I go out, but I won't "engage" as the Navy pilots call it. I think I'm just on my own now. I'm not afraid, I just don't want to. It all seems moot to me now I guess - like it's not worth my time. Perhaps I'll feel differently later, but I don't see it happening any time soon. It's weird, I didn't feel like this a month ago, it is a recent thing. I'm OK with it though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love how you always post pictures of your girly purchases. I want those shoes!