Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Relocation Package

OK I'm semi-calm. Sort of. All of this is still very surreal. I've lived in WA since I was 6 years old (born in California), and even though I'm very familiar with the area I'm moving to, it is scary as hell to leave my whole life behind in such a short amount of time. On the flip side, it's gonna be so freakin' cool!

My company is giving me an UNBELIEVABLE relocation package. My jaw hit the floor. Won't be costing me a dime to move! I'm just going to hire movers and packers and kick back. I'm going to have a big garage sale in the next few weekends to "prune" my stuff. Only the good stuff goes with me, I will buy new later! My raise blew me away too. I'm not going to know how to act!

Anyway, I will officially be a Californian on June 17th (leaving the 16th) and I start my new position on the 28th. AAHH!

Thanks for all the great comments! I love you all. I of course will be blogging the adventures in moving.

3 comments:

  1. I of course will always wish you well. I also left California when I was 6, and have no intention of returning. But the again, I never planned on moving to Oregon... and here I am. Oh Well. To new beginnings,be sure to wave on your way through Portland.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Couldn't be happier for you! Lord knows you deserve it. See in sept for disney. Xx. Annie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeffery - never say never!! LOL Thank you for the wishes, and hope you are doing well in your new Oregon home!

    Annie - we will have a BLAST at D-land! And of course at my send-off party...hehe

    ReplyDelete