Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day to All the Mothers!


I made my mom her favorite dish that I make, "Quattro Fromaggi Mezzaluna Ravioli" in a garlic parmesan cream sauce with jumbo shrimp and a Greek salad. It turned out pretty good. I also got her a mani/pedi gift certificate because she NEVER does stuff like that for herself. I also brought her an iced coffee. What did you do for your mother if you were able to spend time with her?

The picture of me is circa 1987 in the very backyard of the house I may be moving into this summer. I'm a little nervous about the second interview tomorrow. It seems like there is a REALLY good chance for me to get this job and I'm excited but terrified at the same time. It will be VERY overwhelming to sell my house, sell most of my stuff and move to another state, all while trying to start a new position with a lot more responsibility. Not only that, but I've decided to go back to my maiden name and there will be paperwork up the ying yang for that, PLUS moving to a new state. It will also be SUPER fun taking a driving test after 22 years. I haven't gotten the job yet, but just thinking about 
this stuff freaks me out. It will be a whole new life for me. If you had told me two years ago that 
my life would be at this crossroads, I wouldn't have believed it. I actually remember blogging over a year ago "I wonder what will be happening this time next year?" HA. It goes to show you that you can't know where your life is going to go. Never say never. Anything can change at any time. I 
never thought I would live in California, I never thought I would be successful in a career, I never thought I would be single at 38 and I never thought I would be able to get through 
everything I've been through. Maybe it's my time now. Maybe after all the struggles, all the heartache and all the loss, it is my time to live. I'm sure this is not the only change life has in store for me, just when I think nothing else could possibly change, BOOM! Who knows, I may NOT get the job, I just don't know. But I do know that no matter what, NOTHING stays the same.

You should do what I did. Right now. Write down where you think your life will be in a year, and then stash it someplace safe. Then, put in on a calendar to look at in exactly a year and see how close you were. I bet you are WAY off. You may not have big life changes like me, but I bet some things will happen over the course of the year you weren't expecting at ALL. It is interesting, try it.

5 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:41 AM

    Wishing you the best of luck!!
    If they offer this job to you, you have to take it! *crossing fingers*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous12:26 PM

    Interesting challenge you put before us!

    Good luck. Would you be moving closer or away from your mother?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you two!! I'm very anxious right now. It could go either way. My mother would end up coming down with me - no family left in WA that would keep her there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I think I had the same frosty pegged jeans back in the late 80s too! Nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love the 80's!! LOL

    ReplyDelete