Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Plumbing Issues

It was a DAY.

I took the day off to deal with my plumbing issue and to get some much-needed R&R. It looks like my neighbor can get me a new water heater tank for a few hundred bucks and is going to install it for me for free. I owe him BIG. I'm going to have to cook for him or something! I feel like such an idiot with house maintenance issues. I have to call him for everything. "My heater is broken! My water is cold! I can't lift this! I need help installing my TV! How do you use the lawn mower?" Good grief.

3 comments:

  1. You're so fortunate to have such a fantastic neighbor! I find that most people don't want to get to know their neighbors anymore, so I think your neighbor sounds like a gem. You should definitely make him (and his family, I reckon, if there's one) something super yummy! I've seen your descriptions of your cooking in the past and it seems like you are a great cook...and now you have a reason to cook a big feast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lea! My neighbor and I are very good friends - and he is such a blessing. We both live alone (he is divorced too), and we help each other when we can. Don't get any ideas though - haha, he is much younger than me and we are not attracted to each other in THAT way. It would be cool if we were, but friendship right now is what I need most.

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the UK at least the idea of 'community' died a death in the 80s thanks to the 'fuck you I want it all now' culture. Luckily in our present day, our apartment anex has Stan and Stan is the man. Stan is the man who will come and fix things whilst cheerily chatting about the weather. He's fixing the world one small broken appliance at a time and I'm sure when the world comes to climactic, apocolyptic end. Stan will be sifting through broken parts of our soceity with a cheery whistle, quietly pleased with all the new projects.

    ReplyDelete