Wednesday, December 23, 2009

It was bound to happen sooner or later. I had a terrible day. Just when you take 2 steps forward, something knocks you back 5. I am officially on holiday vacation now and wish I could get away. Instead of counting sheep, I'm picturing a small table. It has a candle on it and it is nestled on soft sand. It is evening - late, but not too late. Other tables with candles are nearby, but the occupant's conversations are soft and cannot be distinguished more than a mutter. There is a band that can be heard in the distance playing pleasant music. A big grassy straw-like covering overhangs. The candles make everything appear orange and comfortable. Safe. Relaxing. There is a warm wind and I can smell fragrant flowers. It is a clear night with a big moon and a magnificent display of stars. I am barefoot, wearing a tank top and an oversized sarong as a skirt. I sit down at the table.

You can finish the story for me.

No comments: