Sunday, December 13, 2009

Lou & the Whipped Cream, New Earrings, and A Pity Pot

He pees on the floor, barks at everything and gets into all kinds of trouble, but every now and then his antics just crack me up and I was laughing too hard to yell at him.

I stopped at an espresso drive-thru and got an iced mocha with whipped cream once, and Louie was riding shotgun curled up in a ball with the butt warmer on. I got distracted with a call and the next minute I looked down; I was greeted by a grinning whipped cream-faced dog with a straw in his mouth. It was classic.

I've been on the pity pot lately. (If you haven't noticed.) Not a fun place to be. I know it's stupid, but sometimes you just can't help it. Today I was a tad grumpy. I was yelling at stupid drivers and wanted to tip over a holiday display. Bah, Humbug! Hehe. I usually adore Christmas, but with everything I've dealt with this year I guess I'm a little cynical and pissed off. I'm with Chele, what the hell happened to "gentlemen"? I can't remember the last time a man opened a door for me. In fact, I had a door swing into my face tonight. Thanks dude. I'm thinking my choices are somewhat nil in this day and age. I'm too old fashioned, I guess. I believe I have much to give, but I don't want to cast my pearls before swine, you know? I want to be taken care of this time and be the adoring, loyal wife. I make good money, I'm educated, I love to cook, and I love sex, but I'm not putting up with any shit. I'm done with that. Tiger Woods? What an idiot! Cheat on Elin Nordegren? FOOL.

OK I'm done ranting on my blog here into cyber space. Everything is wonderful and normal. I did buy myself some new earrings from Macy's. A little Christmas gift to myself. ;-)

3 comments:

  1. My second time around have been pretty fabulous, yours will be too doll. Xo. Love the earrings. And I think michaela should join us for girls night in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous9:18 PM

    I'm thinking you are getting better - we are back to pictures of you, pictures of great food, and pictures of earrings! Hang in there and keep your chin up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm actually the same as I've always been. I've always been alone. Nothing has ever been "normal". I'm starting to think normal isn't in the cards for me. That may sound negative, but that is not my intention. I haven't found what I'm looking for yet. The things that happen to me are common, yes, but I, myself, am not so common. I'm not extraordinary, but not common either. Maybe some day I will be able to explain.

    ReplyDelete