Sunday, November 01, 2009

Big Uglies

I spent the day yesterday on the hunt for good veges to go with all of my meat! I went North to find the famous "Big Uglies". They are these mutant carrots that are the best carrots you will ever eat in your life! They are so sweet and full of flavor. You have to be quick, because all the stands sell out of them so fast. So here is the photo montage of my day. I brought Lou, who was a good boy. Mags can't go on outings like this because she has an anxiety disorder that makes her a complete nightmare in the car. I wanted to get one of those big jars of honey, but I would never eat it all. I ended up getting quite a few pounds of carrots, some miniature sweet onions and some seasonal squash. Lou zonked out in the car on the way back, it was so cute. Making some homemade stew tonight with my veges and meat.










































No comments:

Post a Comment