Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sometimes I'm Serious

These kinds of posts have become far and few between lately. I've been posting about random daily things, purchased goods, fun in the sun and nonsensical BS. I don't get many public comments; my fans are mostly silent. I have, however, made some good friends through this venue and occasionally get emails with questions and conversation. Contrary to many other bloggers, I do not blog to obtain internet stardom or to feed my ego to see how many followers I can get. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate my readers and it does make me feel good when I get a comment or two. I am just not your average blogger, I guess, I am not here to impress or entertain anyone. Not really. I am no one; nothing. I'm an average Jane with a few quirks. There are so many others out there who are much better writers, more interesting people with more interesting lives. Some have this incredible witty sense of humor; others have a knack for piercing your heart or making you think.

There are many reasons I blog, I suppose, but mostly I blog because I enjoy it. Yes, it is a public diary of sorts, a mark in a small corner of the world, and it is a way of expressing yourself just to see how it changes over time. You have heard I'm sure, that the "internet is forever". Once you write something, or post a picture, it is out there for good, no matter if you try to delete or hide it. There is always a way for someone to dig it up or exploit it or whatever. That's OK. This is only a small part of my life. There are many things about me that the internet doesn't get to know; there are things only the physical people in my life get to see. Most of the time, the blogging world is just as lonely and phony as the real world. I know bloggers who get thousands of comments and have so many readers that they couldn't keep up if they wanted to. I don't really want that; it is too much. I would rather have a small following of real people who for whatever reason, like it here. Welcome.

I can be who I want here. You can join me and be who you want to be, too.

Blogging has opened up a whole world of getting to know all about the human race. Some of it is real, some of it is fake, but all in all I think it is great. Anyone can be published. You don't have to be super talented or accredited to write and be heard. You don't have to spend any money or wait for printing. This is all at your fingertips, at whatever minute you choose.

No comments:

Post a Comment