Sunday, June 07, 2009

Swollen

I'm here, but I'm dead tired. I have some pretty funny road trip stories that I'll tell you about tomorrow. Also, once we got here, I almost fell out of the car! Just for extra fun, after an exhausting ride. The last stretch was brutal because we drive straight through without stopping at a hotel. We got in at 8 am, went to breakfast with my Godmother (my mom's best friend) and then got to the house and crashed. Got up at 4 pm, went grocery shopping, and got an iced mocha, which they fucked up. California is definitely no Seattle when it comes to good baristas, although I do really like the smooth coffee at "The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf" franchise that started in California in 1963. It's my go-to coffee joint here. I avoid "Starfucks" if I can. (Yes, that is what I call it, the "f" is intentional. I can't help it anymore.)

My feet and calves are mega-swollen from sitting in one position for 23 hours (pictured for your entertainment), and it is so uncomfortable for about a day before they go back to normal. I stuck them promptly in the pool for some relief. AHHH. I also was injured on the trip (hence the Band-Aid), but I'll tell you about that later. I'm a hot mess. The weather is actually quite pleasant, not too hot. I am currently sitting by the pool listening to the doves coo softly in the backyard above my head (I love the doves!), after gorging myself on Biagio's pizza (another go-to favorite here). California does have its good points! I think I'd rather be here than anywhere else, really. Weird, right? Doesn't everyone hate California now? Not me. I want to live here. Shh, don't tell anyone!

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, sorry to hear about being cramped for that long. I'll tell ya though, sitting by the pool like that looks nice...I am so jealous!

    ReplyDelete