Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Boo.

I took a little blogging break. There hasn't been much to say, I've been incredibly busy and I just plain was sick of it. I have also been stirring up trouble elsewhere and there is only so much sarcasm and smartassedness I can do in one day.

Anyway, I do actually have news today. The company I work for got some GREAT news about the product it is attempting to commercialize for cancer patients - and that means I not only get to keep my job, but it is awesome news for the patients themselves. The product is for men with prostrate cancer - and it replaces chemotherapy and extends the life of the patient. One great leap for bioscience! I'm proud and honored to be a part of it. The only downside is I can kiss my personal life goodbye - not that I had much of one to begin with. Going commercial and tripling in size is going to be chaotic. I had to be at work yesterday at 5:30 am before the press release came out, and I only had an hour or so of sleep - so I'm dead today.

Went out to Maggiano's for dinner with some friends last night and pigged out on yummy Italian food. Eating the left overs for lunch today.

Aaaaand, that's it.

4 comments:

Daedak said...

Glad to hear the good news. Now if only I could find some job security too.

Ann(ie) said...

That was some beautiful food!!! I coulda polished off another artichoke appy on My own!

Cheryl said...

Daedak - thanks! Hey, I don't know what your job skills are, but my company is on a massive hiring frenzy right now and there are many different types of jobs available there...

Annie - yes very beautiful. Next time I'm getting something with shrimp..mmmmm

Dawn Kairns said...

That is wonderful news about the cancer product!

Author of MAGGIE: the dog who changed my life
(I had a Maggie, too!)