Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Serious Cough Syrup

This bronchitis thing has been AWFUL! I haven't been this sick since I was a kid. I also did something really, REALLY stupid today. I OD'd on cough syrup. I am not joking. The doctor prescribed this new, really potent cough suppressant that I think must be a hard-core narcotic. The pharmacist was adamant about not taking more than one teaspoon every 10 hours, but I just figured it was like every other time they say that which means nothing. I could drink a whole bottle of codeine cough syrup and just get a little sleepy. Not this time. I almost had to go to emergency. I took 2 teaspoons on an empty stomach, and I started hallucinating, was dripping wet with sweat, shaking uncontrollably, and I couldn't think or talk right. I was SCARED. I was also nauseated and couldn't walk. NOT a fun high. I will never do that again! Damn!

No comments:

Post a Comment