Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Incoming Storm

I get to get off early today and work from home tomorrow! There is another storm coming in tonight and they don't want me to have to deal with it or miss anymore work. My mom is coming to stay with me starting tonight, too, so that works out perfect!

I'm going to make us Christmas dinner, so leaving early today gives me time to go do the grocery shopping and not be out late. I'm making prime rib, scalloped potatoes, asparagus, salad, rolls, and chocolate cake for dessert! Of course, there will be wine and spiked eggnog as well. It will just be my mom, Jim and I, but I'm trying really hard to make it nice. We've all been through a lot, and I really want to appreciate every moment the best I can.

2 comments:

  1. yummy! your dinner sounds incredible. i took today off to get some errands done, but i am such a fucking wuss as far as driving in the snow, i won't drive. most the streets are clear except for mine and parking lots and i am so paranoid about getting stuck...ug...more snow tonight....oh my goodness....never thought i would say this, but go away snow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No kidding!! It's fun for like A DAY, but I'm sick of it now.

    ReplyDelete