Saturday, December 20, 2008

Bracing for the Storm

Listen to this outlook for tonight and tomorrow, and remember, I already have 14 inches of snow and no fireplace. I'm totally screwed. Not only will I be in trouble if I lose power, but I'm worried about no work again next week. I guess this is when faith comes in, huh?

Puget Sound Weather Outlook
Updated Saturday 9:00 a.m.

This morning is the calm before the storm. Temperatures will bottom out in the low-mid teens, although some areas were much colder -- below zero, even! Arlington reported a temperature this morning of -3, while it was -1 in Sedro-Woolley and -2 just outside of Lake Stevens.

Strong winds will begin to pick up in the Cascade foothills this morning and increase in strength through the day. Peak winds of sustained 50-60 mph gusting to 70-90 mph are possible between 7 p.m. Saturday and 7 a.m. Sunday.

The rest of the area will be dry with increasing clouds, then heavy snow will develop around late afternoon in the south, pushing north through the Seattle metro area in the early evening. Several inches of snow are likely throughout Western Washington, save for the foothills, by Sunday morning.

The situation could be particularly dire along the far north coast, where you will get a combination of heavy snow and very strong winds. A rare BLIZZARD WARNING is in effect there.


At least I had a nice dream. I didn't want to wake up. It was everything I want in life, and I would have been just fine staying asleep forever. I was so disappointed when I woke up. Some of my bad dreams come true, so maybe, just maybe, this good one will.

No comments:

Post a Comment