Thursday, November 06, 2008

Happy Dance!

I got the job despite my chocolate scent!

Today's interview was MUCH different than the first one. This goes to show you (and me) that you can't be too quick to judge. The lady I met with today was SUPER sweet and down to earth, the receptionist was in a good mood and offered me a beverage (I took water since I was on a beverage-spilling roll), and I had a really good feeling about everything. It isn't exactly what I make now, but it's close, and has potential. I would much rather take less money and work in a "family" environment, than make big bucks with corporate bullshit and backstabbing coworkers. The money will come, and I will probably periodically contract for the place I'm at now to help out. So, I'm less stressed now and have something lined up for December 1st. YES! It is a contract job for now, with the potential to hire permanent, but I don't know where I'll be in the future, so this is perfect.

Happy Dance! Cha-Cha-Cha!

4 comments:

  1. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!! Nicely done my friend. You didn't mess around. You got employed fast!
    woooo! I'm drinking a fake beer in celebration. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! A sense of security is nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! I never mess around with money. ;-)

    Unfortunately there is no such thing as security, though. Life can change on a dime. I think that's why I'm giving the contract job a try. I don't want to feel stuck anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratufuckinglations! yay!

    ReplyDelete