Monday, October 06, 2008

Monday Tidbits

I saw a grown man, perhaps 40-ish, running down the highway this morning. RUNNING. With a briefcase that he was swinging spastically; tie flying sideways. I laughed. It was funny looking. Nothing is so important that I would run down the highway like that. But that's just me. No one was chasing him with a chainsaw or anything.

I am wearing high heels today, and one of the heels got stuck in the thread of the carpet and I fell up against my cubical wall almost knocking it down. (Karma for laughing at the poor business guy?)

Have you seen the movie "Forrest Gump"? Do you remember how he said "Jenny"? (JEN-NAY in the Forrest Gump voice.) My co-worker (and friend) is named Jenny and I love to say her name like Forrest. She LOVES it when I do that. Not. "JEN-NAY can you help me with the cop-eee-err?" I crack myself up. She is not amused. She might hit me next time.

I went and got a Bonzai Burger from the Red Robin restaurant today at lunch. I got it 'to go' and ate it in my car. How sad is that?

I look like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man in my new coat. I will be sending it back. Why is it never the other way around? (Like a coat that makes me look like a super model.) Sheesh. Seriously, I looked funny. I'm stylin' in my new purple baby-doll top, though. I've sent back many things and kept a few. I'm proud of myself. A little.

I'm getting my hair cut/colored tomorrow. I am tossing around the idea of buying a coffee and replacing the coffee with wine while I get my hair done. All sneaky moto. Not because I'm an alcoholic, but because getting your hair-colored takes FOREVER and it is not exciting. They let you drink on an airplane, why not a salon?

No comments:

Post a Comment