Thursday, September 04, 2008

The stuff I've been buying.

Remember the black "swim dress" I ordered? Well, I ordered the size I usually order just before vacation, and when it came, it was really big on me, but did fit, so I took it with me. When I tried to swim in it, it was funny because it was just falling off of me all over the place. This made me happy knowing I had lost weight. When I got back home, I decided to send it back and get a smaller size. I figured the next size down, or maybe 2 sizes down would be perfect, but they discontinued the item in those sizes and my only choice was 4 sizes smaller. I almost didn't do it, but I went ahead and made the exchange thinking that it would just motivate me to lose more weight, and summer was over with for this year anyway. Well, the new smaller swim dress arrived the other day and it took me two days to open it and try it on. I was prepared to laugh at myself, then cry. BIG SURPRISE, IT FIT! OMG. I can't believe it. I am 4 sizes smaller. Who knew? Especially after all the steak and shrimp I've been eating.

So, I am a little giddy about that. I don't feel like I've lost 4 sizes, but I'm not arguing. Now I want to shop for MORE clothes. My mom told me last night that she really wants me to concentrate on "me" right now. I don't want to disobey my MOM, now do I? LOL!  I did order my "fiesta tropical chili pepper lights" and some "Coffee Bean" espresso online, but that didn't cost very much at all. I'm going to have to save up for more clothes.

On a different note, I have something on my mind that I can't talk to anyone on the planet about. Which sucks. It is not good nor bad. It is just for me only. OK, I talk to God about it, but no one else. It is perplexing and can evoke emotion, yet it is not tangible or predictable. (OK, that was random.)

Last on the list here is that the book "The Shack" I told you I was listening to; well, it is really good so far. I actually went and picked up a copy of the book itself, and when I went to pay for it in the Costco line, it created quite the discussion. First, the clerk helping people unload their carts remarked immediately exclaiming, "That is the best book I've ever read!", then the woman behind me said something similar, and all of a sudden there was about 15 people talking about how this book changed the way they lived their lives. DANG. I'm not even close to finishing it yet, but I can't wait to see what the commotion is about. I'll keep you posted. So far, I am very intrigued by it. Many people call it a "Christian" book or a religious novel, but I really wouldn't say that so far. I think no matter what you do or don't believe, this story may have an effect on you. Just a hunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment