Thursday, August 28, 2008

"Plan A" and "Plan B"

So, remember I told you about needing a big change in my life, or I will go insane? Here are the ideas. "Plan A" is moving into my grandparent's house in Cali (sort of an early inheritance) instead of selling it, as long as my mom approves, which I don't know if she does yet. This is my first choice because I'd love to keep the home in the family (I grew up there), I love the pool and the area, it's close to Disneyland and the ocean, and of course it's paid for. It needs remodeling, but not having a mortgage would rock my world! I also have friends and some family there I don't know very well and there are a ton of jobs in my industry just down the street. I'm needing a warmer climate, and I'm already used to earthquakes.

If my mom doesn't like that idea, there is now a "Plan B". Florida is out because of hurricanes, and I don't like Nevada or Arizona, they don't have enough job opportunity for me. So, after some research that I actually did long ago, San Antonio, Texas could be Plan B. It is too far inland for much hurricane damage; it rarely gets tornados or earthquakes, and it is a pretty area with housing I can afford. I was looking online at realtor.com, and for double the house plus a pool, I can get a cheaper mortgage than I am paying up here living in a tiny house in the boonies that doesn't even have a fireplace. The climate is definitely warm, the "River Walk" is cool, and they have a Six Flags. There are also many jobs in my industry in the surrounding areas. I've never been to Texas, but I've been told San Antonio is one of the nicest areas if I'm going to live in Texas. There is a con, though. I will be best friends with the Orkin man. ME NO LIKE BUGS. Especially spiders.

So that's it in a nutshell. I want to move, and I hope Plan A works out, but I'm putting together some backup plans.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:46 PM

    Plan A and bring Hole with ya!

    - CM

    ReplyDelete
  2. What does the CM stand for? I must know due...

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, I get it now...COOKIE MONSTER. C is for cookie...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:43 PM

    Texas? Really? I have to say San Antonio is better than Houston or Dallas but if you can swing Austin it's probably your best best for a Texas locale. It can rain and flood like a 'mo fo so be prepared for that (in any texas spot). Push for Cali girl. Push for Cali.....
    ~Nichole

    ReplyDelete
  5. i of course like plan a....but you have a good arguement for plan b...sounds like you are doing your research, due. :-) i want to move to cali....i'm thinking maybe in a year...i like to say i'm gonna move there and then keep pushing out the move date...thats how i roll. ;-) i do know that i do not enjoy "here"...here being seattle. ick.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:34 PM

    Thanks for giving up my cover cheryl. geeze...

    - CM

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog kinda gave it away due...plus I'm smart. :)

    You know I'm gonna call ya "cookie" now, right?

    ReplyDelete