Sunday, July 27, 2008

Preparing for Vacation

I think a part of me is sad for this vacation because I will be staying at my grandma's house, and the reality of her death will probably set in when I arrive. There are so many memories there, and my poor grandfather is down the street in a Dementia home, which also saddens me. He doesn't remember who I am, and he was such a great grandpa, always playing with me and telling me stories. They were a huge part of my childhood. It also may be the last time I get to spend time at the house/pool because my mom has to sell it eventually. So, that is probably contributing to my funk. I'm trying to think positive; that they would both love the fact that I am enjoying it and want to be there, and that I will have fun. Laguna beach is close by, Disneyland is 20 minutes away, and my favorite Pizza Place "Biagio's" is awaiting my return.

I spent all day today grooming the dumb dogs. I am completely exhausted. That really takes it out of me. It took SIX hours, and the hair/mess clean-up is just as bad. I actually have a blister on my thumb from the grooming scissors. It is one more thing to cross off of my "to do list before vacation" though. I went to see the Pet Lodge where poor Magadog will have to stay, and I was really impressed with it. It is clean, and the people are super nice. It is a huge, beautiful facility (Paradise Pet Lodge) so I have great confidence they will take good care of her. I worry about these things; these dogs are my kids. At this point I don't know who is luckier, Maggie getting to stay at doggie Club Med, or Louie who gets to get dunked in the pool in Cali.

So, have I rambled on long enough about stuff you don't care about? I'm tired, but I still need to make dinner (at 8 pm) and clean my office. My office is a disaster. It is usually all tidy and organized, but since inheriting all my dad's cookbooks, and a bunch of pictures and whatnot, I just haven't found room for everything, and the office is the catch-all. I may be trying to do too much in one day, but I really need to get it done. There is some stuff I need to find to take on vacation and everything is just chaos. Well, I better get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment