Places I want to go before I die
So I've compiled a list of all the places I've always wanted to go. I guess I would be happy going ANYWHERE since I've never been anywhere, but I suppose this would be my "ultimate" list. There are other places I would like to add to my list, but I'm going to start with this. It starts small and gets exponentially more expensive...
1. Las Vegas. I know, you can't believe I've never been there. Well, I haven't. This is actually doable for me. I'm not really a huge gambler/drinker, but I've heard it's a great place for an insomniac. ;-) I would really like to go on the rollercoaster on top of the building and the one that goes through the hotel, too. I love thrills.
2. New Orleans. I know it is not the same since Katrina, but I know I would fall in love with it. The jazz bars, the creepy cemeteries, the swamps. Imagine the photos I could take! And the cajun food! My favorite photographer makes me yearn to see it. http://www.juliabailey.com/
3. New York. I would love to just walk the streets of New York and people watch.
4. Northern Italy. I am partial to Northern Italian cuisine and I adore Amarone wine. I would love to tour the Valpolicella region and specifically Veneto.
5. Greece. I really need to go to Santorini, Greece. I've wanted to go there for sooo long. I think it would be incredibly romantic and beautiful. All the white, rounded buildings/structures lining the hillsides. I hear crete is amazing, too - the history alone is incredible.
6. Salzburg, Austria. I love Mozart. I took a classical music course in college and have wanted to visit Salzburg every since.
7. Bavaria, Germany. I would love to see the Eagle's Nest. Perhaps drive the "Romantic Road".
8. Bora Bora, French Polynesia. I've never been any place tropical - and a friend of mine said this is "BAR NONE" the most amazingly beautiful place on earth. The water, the huts, the food, the people. I have a collection of photos I've gathered dreaming of this place. I use them as wallpapers on my computer.
9. Egypt. I am fascinated by Egyptian history. Who isn't? The pyramids, the tombs, the culture. Everything.
10. Israel. (The Holy Lands) It gives me goosebumps just thinking about the history there. A bit dangerous, but oh well.
The only other places I can think of are perhaps somewhere in Mexico - Puerto Rico? Cancun? I'm not sure yet. And maybe a tropical rain forest. South America? The Congo? I don't know, though.
One thing at a time. I'm trying to plan a trip to Vegas - maybe September? I know it will be really hard to twist Juice's arm to meet me there. ;-)