Saturday, June 28, 2008

Nothing like waking up with asthma.

I have seasonal asthma and let me tell you how much it sucks. It really, really sucks. I'm allergic to something this time of year (who knows what) and I woke up unable to get a breath fully in, which makes me panic, then cough my head off. Then I have to take a panic pill while running around the house throwing things around trying to find my inhaler. It's neat. I actually haven't had an attack for about 3 years now, so my inhaler was expired. I also didn't know what day it was when I woke up, and there has been no drinking or sleeping pills, just loss of brain. I didn't know whether or not I had to go to work, or if I could go back to bed. It was 4 am and I had to really think about it. When I realized it was Saturday, I was all "YES!".

I'm settled down now, but I can't get back to sleep. This, I think, is an advantage to having a blog. It gives you something to do. There was something else I was going to talk about, but I can't remember now so I'll have to come back later. Perhaps my brain will return then.

3 comments:

  1. An asthma attack would be HELLA scary, girlie!!! Breathing is very important.

    I was also up at the asscrack of dawn b/c Mateo left to go golfing and I woke up and then Ben thinks it's enjoyable to get up and play at 5 a.m.

    feh.

    4 words:
    Starbucks need to deliver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Starbucks delivery!! Yes! I'm thinking the gas would cost them too much, though. Damn gas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you juice for mentioning how breathing is important, i think you might need anger management due....

    i used to have allergy induced asthma when i was a kid...it majorly sucked....i would cry cause it was so scary to not be able to breathe...i got bronchitis alot too..thankfully i haven't had bronchitis since i was 18 and no more asthma...yay

    starbucks does need to deliver, i would gladly pay a deliver fee especially if i was desperate!

    ReplyDelete