Monday, June 09, 2008

Pep Talk

This is not for the faint of heart, just so you know. I read what I wrote this morning and just shook my head. I decided to look myself in the mirror and say this:

"Snap out of it. You are acting ridiculous. Quit being a whiny-ass wuss. You've been through worse, and you will GO THROUGH WORSE. You know that the earth is about to split open and unleash the demons of hell, and you better stop being an idiot drama-queen RIGHT NOW. You are stronger than this. You are not this stupid, nor gullible. You've had some pain, some loss, some heartache, now it's time to GET OVER IT. What is going to happen, is going to happen. People are going to do what they are going to do, or not. You know what you have to do. You know what needs to be done. DO IT. Go get your work done!"

I think I missed my calling as a Drill Sargeant.

2 comments:

  1. at least you could muster up a pep talk as dark as yours may be... ;-) i can't even do that when i'm down, i'm just like "fuck everyone, and don't try to give me any happy bullshit advice" lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As usual I agree with Hole. I tend to stay dark for the entire day and after much wine, chocolate, pizza, vodka and bitching I climb out of my bigass dark funk to rejoin the world. ;) If said mood is in conjunction with Aunt Flo than people better watch for flying objects, too. hehe.

    ReplyDelete