Saturday, May 10, 2008

An anomaly wrapped in an enigma.

My husband says I am an anomaly wrapped in an enigma. Um, thanks hon, I think.

Anomaly: An irregularity, a misproportion, or something that is strange or unusual. In particular, as used in the sciences, it means deviation from the common rule, i.e. in the experimental sciences it means difference from the norm or average of a given quantity.

Enigma: Mystery, something that baffles understanding and cannot be explained; something or someone that is mysterious or puzzling.

I don't think it is any secret that I'm a little off. I'm OK with that. Normal is boring. Some people like me just the way I am, some don't. Just because nature's fury fascinates me, doesn't mean I WANT bad things to happen. Jim rolls his eyes at me a lot when I talk about it and says, "You can't wait to survive a 10.0 can you?" (Um, NO.) Many people stick their heads in the sand, or their fingers in their ears and say "la, la, la", but not me. Perhaps I missed my calling as a scientist or storm chaser. LOL. Did you know that there are vacations you can book to ride with storm chasers? So, see, I'm not the only one!

1 comment:

  1. um. i am def one of the ones to stick my fingers in my ears and go la la la....but i do like being "non-normal". so i'm with you on that. :-) at least i like it to a degree. sometimes i am a little more dysfunctionally crazy than i would like, but for the most part i'm ok with it. or at least 40/60. :-)

    my cousin would love to chase storms with you due, she is totally fascinated by that kind of stuff, so you def aren't alone!

    ReplyDelete