Monday, April 28, 2008

OK, I'll blog.

You guys are getting entirely used to me blogging every day, I'm getting emails wondering what's up, I haven't posted in over 24 hours now! LOL. So, what is up today, you ask? Well, I will try to put together a post that makes any kind of sense, my brain is all over the place. It's Monday, you know, and I am just now settling in at work with my coffee. I also had an early doctor's appt. this morning, which is such a super way to start the week. I've been seeing the same family doctor forever now, and she knows me pretty well. It was just a well-check, but the conversation was a little funny because I haven't been in for a while.

Doctor: "So how is your depression and anxiety?"
Me: "Well, depressing and stressful."
Doctor: (Just looks at me, then smiles.)  "OK."
Me: "I don't know, some days I'm OK, some days I'm not."
Doctor: "Are you making changes like we talked about?"
Me: "Sort of. I went bowling, does that count?"
Doctor: "Well, yes, that's a start. It's good for you to get out and socialize."
Me: "Can I get an EpiPen?"
Doctor: "What for?"
Me: "I'm allergic to wasps."
Doctor: "You are? I don't have that down here in your files."
Me: "Yes. I swell up and wheeze. I want to go outside a lot this summer."
Doctor: "When was your last reaction?"
Me: "About 19 years ago. I had to go to the emergency room."
Doctor: "19 years ago, and you are just now asking for an EpiPen?"
Me: "Yeah, I kept forgetting."
Doctor: (Sighs.)  "OK."

Sidenote: Some random construction worker (maybe in his 60's) just stopped me and asked me if he could use our restroom. I said, "How much money do you have?" Taking me seriously, he reached into his pocket and pulled out a quarter. I said to just leave it on the counter when he was done. He said OK. I am so mean! I am totally laughing right now, and if there is actually a quarter in there when I check I am going to howl in laughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment