Thursday, April 19, 2007
I was awarded a Thinking Blogger Award from Yerdoingitwrong! Can you believe it??? THINKING? ME? Ba-HA!! Wasn't aware I did that. Especially here at the CDM bloggery. Nevertheless she said some incredibly wonderful things about me and I am eternally grateful. She is the sweetest and funniest girl I've ever met and I'm honored to be her friend. We were inseparable at one time and have some seriously great memories. We don't see each other much now because we live a bit far and she has a new baby who is SO CUTE YOU WANT TO CHEW ON HIS LITTLE TOES that keeps her busy, but when we do have a chance to get together, it is like no time has passed at all.
Well, how this works is -
1. If (and only if) you are tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think,
2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,
3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' with a link to the post that you wrote.
I would put yerdoingitwrong as my first thinker blogger award, but I probably can't do that since she's already gotten one and that would be breaking the rules, but just so she knows I would pick her, and OMG this is a major run-on sentence so whatever.
OK, here goes:
1. BOA (Broke and Angry) - always a treat to read. He is very passionate about illegal aliens and Wells Fargo. All around a nice whiner that will make you laugh. :) Also, newly married - which makes him a prime target for us old married folks to tease and give stupid advice to!
2. Yogagirl - she is great! She is a yoga instructor and knows everything about yoga. She is inspiring and funny and also a sweetheart - one of the very first blogs I read and we bonded nicely cuz she has a really cute fuzzy doggie! She is aslo quite possibly the best decorator EVER.
3. Otter - this Southern belle is HYSTERICAL. Not only does she write well, she, like, KNOWS PHYSICS and shit! She was my very first commentor. She also has a cute little baby boy and is a jewelry maker, knitter and cook extraordinare!
4. Skwigg - Skwigg is AWESOME. If you want to lose weight or become a ninja fighter - she's your girl! Seriously! I would not want to piss Skwigg off. She is also funny and real and a super interesting person. Even if you aren't into fitness she will keep you entertained with her 3 crazy dogs. She is definately an honorary crazydogmama!
5. Spank Your Inner Moppet - Colleen! Not only a great writer, but witty and sweet! She cracks me up too, and...you guessed it! A cute doggie! She will also kick your ass ninja-style.
Well, I have to say, it was very difficult to pick only 5. There are so many of you that I would put up there! Basically, if you are on my links list, I wanted to nominate you. I love you all! and you all keep me inspired to blog!
HERE IS SOME MORE CONTENT FOR THIS POST, AS IF IT WASN'T LONG ENOUGH ALREADY:
I was also tagged to do an "interview", so yerdoingitwrong asked me these questions and now I'm going to answer them. If someone wants me to interview them, let me know! Don't expect me to do it quickly, though, cuz I'm a lazy-ass.
1.) You've been married a long damn time. What three pieces of advice would you give to someone just starting their journey?
Wow. I have been married a long time. Almost 13 years. Crap. I guess my first piece of advice would be to let the little things goooooooo....don't get all ramped up over dumb shit. Two: um, when you fight (and you know you will) don't bring up crap from the past. Stick to topic. If you don't, every little thing you have ever done will bite you in the ass. Three: enjoy each other. Make sure you take advantage of all the things you like about your spouse. If you like movies - watch lots - if you like to talk - chat it up, if you like theme parks - go. Be best friends.
2.) If you could spend a month anywhere and money was not an issue where would you go and why?
Hmm. I guess I would travel Europe with my hubby. Germany, Italy, France - those places. He has been there and has always wanted to take me. I have been NO WHERE. Seriously. I've been to like, 3 fucking states. That are close by. I need some culture. Although, laying on the beach drinking margaritas in Bora Bora for a month doesn't sound bad either.
3.) If your life were going to be made into a movie what actors/actresses would play the following roles and why?
Hehe. this is silly.
You: Some batshit crazy blonde. Maybe the role Kelly Lynch played in Warm Summer Rain. No explanation needs to be given, right? (Great flick, by the way. A Crazydogmama fav.)
Jim: Kevin Costner. Jim's sense of humor reminds me of Kevin in the movie Bull Durham. And he's handsome! :)
Your mom: Sally Fields. She looked like her in her younger days - and she is short and sassy like that.
Your dad: This one is hard. Dan Akroyd? I don't know why. Maybe because he is a big silly guy?
Jim's son: He kind of reminds me of Zach Braff from Scubs and The Garden State. But cooler.
4.) Tell us about your best drunk moment.
BEST drunk moment? or STUPIDEST drunk moment? I'll go with stupid. I drank 9 double rum and cokes in a small dive bar when I first met Jim. I then proceeded to tell some guys in the bar that Jim could kick their ass. Collectively. We left and I drove down the wrong side of the road. When we got to Jim's place, I fell on my face in the middle of the street. Then, I puked on his carpet and he had to call my dad (who he had never met) and tell him I was passed out drunk on his couch. Jim's mother managed the apt. complex we were in (Jim's apt.) and before she met me, had to replace the carpet in that apt. because of my really lovely puke. One of my shining moments, don't you think?
5.) Describe your perfect day.
I win, inherit or find millions of dollars. Then, do whatever the hell I want!