Sunday, April 15, 2007

FEAST!

OK y'all, I just possibly watched the best horror movie on the planet. I have a new favorite - it may even surpass Texas Chainsaw Massace, if that is even possible.

Jim and I had "Horror Fest" starting Friday night. (it was Friday the 13th, you know!) We rented 6 horror movies and had popcorn and candy.

"Feast" is FUCKING AWESOME. I mean it. It has everything - a generous amount of gore, appropriate suspense, a good story, and the most hilarious script I've ever heard. Even the monsters are good. I was never bored, and I think in one part I laughed so hard I peed a little - and it was obvious that it was the director's intention for you to laugh. The director takes every horror movie cliche and fucks with it. At first I thought, "ok, this is corny" - but NO, its not. The only corniness is intentional - and the rest is like OMG did that just happen? When's the last time you could say that about a horror movie? I've been so disappointed with movies in the last 10 years or so. Every now and then one comes out that I like, but I'm never so "wowed" that I'm clapping at the end.

I'm buying this movie. Seriously, if you are a horror fan - you'll like it.

As for the other 5 movies I rented...eh.

Unrest - it was ok - slow start. Pretty good rental.
See no Evil - lacking. A couple of good kill scenes.
Hard Candy - good acting, decent movie, but I wouldn't buy it.
Pulse - stupid.
The Pumpkin Karver - I wanted to rip my own eyeballs out. I was laughing, but it wasn't the director's intention...

4 comments:

Hole said...

I love scary movies, so I will have to check that one out! I thought pulse was stupid too! Have you seen descent? I thought it was pretty good....good suspense, kind of cheesy towards the end but I liked it. :-) You and I were thinking a long the same lines...Friday night should have been scary movie night, it wasn't but I did think about it. :-)

Anonymous said...

Hole - yes, I loved the Descent too - but Feast was even better than that one! We actually bought a used copy on Sunday and watched it again. :)

Cher

Broke and Angry said...

I definitely have to check Feast out. I haven't seen a good horror flick in a while.

Big Pissy said...

I don't know if I could take watching Feast. I don't usually like gore....only suspense.

...like 'Dark Water' and 'The Ring'...I LOVED '28 Days Later' and 'Shaun of the Dead' was hilarious!

I'm looking forward to '28 Weeks Later'. I really hope they don't fuck it up like they normally do with a sequel. :(

p.s. I'll probably rent 'Unrest' ..was that the name of it? The one with the medical students? It sounds good to me. ;-)