Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Body Parts and Recipes

That sounds wrong, doesn't it? HA!

Anyways, I have a tattoo. It is fading, but I have one. I got it right before I got married 13+ years ago, and my mom saw it for the first time while I was trying on wedding dresses. It didn't go well. (Hi, Mom!) She has since gotten over it, but I wanted to show the internet my blasphemy.

It is very difficult to photograph an ankle tattoo with your cell phone, let me just tell you. It is a rose piercing a heart, and "Jim" in cursive. I had it designed, so it is an original. Jim got one for me, too. It is a huge bouquet of roses with a "Cheryl" banner across the stems.

I also took a picture of my tongue. I have no idea why. OK! Now, aren't you hungry? Recipes have been requested from me for the former food pics. I am seriously lazy, so I will only do one right now.

Gorgonzola Pasta (serves 3-4)

1. Boil 1 package of penne pasta until al dente, sprinkling a bit of salt in the water.

2. You can either grill your own chicken breasts (2), or you can be lazy like me and buy the pre-grilled ones, and just warm them up and cut them up into bite sized pieces.

3. In a separate pan, sauté 1 tablespoon of minced garlic with a little bit of olive oil until it browns.

4. Add 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, 1/4 cup of white wine, and 1 Boullion cube (mixed with a little bit of hot water) to the browned garlic and reduce (simmer) for about 10-15 minutes. Once you start to see it boil just a little, reduce heat a tad, and add 1/2 cup of crumbled gorgonzola cheese, and grated parmesan to taste. Add some red pepper flakes and cracked pepper to taste. Simmer for another 6-7 minutes until everything is thoroughly blended and thickened up. Add the grilled chicken and stir.

5. Add a little butter (real butter) to the pasta once it is drained and stir. Dump the pasta in the sauté pan and toss with the sauce for a minute or so. Serve the pasta on a plate (not a bowl) and sprinkle chopped hazelnuts and parsley on top. YUMMY.

NOTE: Buy the best quality you can of the cheeses, it does make a difference.

All of the things I cook are simple stupid to make. I am not a chef by any means. I got most of my ideas from working in upscale restaurants for 17 years. Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment