Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Body Parts and Recipes

That sounds wrong, doesn't it? Hehe...ANYWAY...
I have a tattoo. It is fading, but I have one. I got it right before I got married 13+ years ago, and my mom saw it for the first time while I was trying on wedding dresses. It didn't go well. (Hi, Mom!) She has since gotten over it, but I wanted to show the internet my blasphemy.















It is very difficult to photograph an ankle tattoo with your cell phone, let me just tell you. It is a rose piercing a heart, and "Jim" in cursive. I had it designed, so it is an original. Jim got one for me, too. It is a huge bouquet of roses with a "Cheryl" banner across the stems.

I also took a picture of my tongue. I have no idea why.


OK! Now, aren't you hungry? Recipes have been requested from me for the former food pics. I am seriously lazy, so I will only do one right now. The gorgonzola pasta one.
Boil penne pasta until al dente.
In a separate pan, saute apprx. 2 tablespoons of minced garlic with a little bit of olive oil until it browns. Add some red pepper flakes and cracked pepper to taste. Add about 2 or 3 cups of heavy whipping cream (I don't measure ANYTHING) then add crumbled gorgonzola cheese and grated parmesan to taste. I add a lot! DO NOT SKIMP on the cheeses. Buy the expensive ones - aged parm is an absolute MUST. Add a bit of white wine and let reduce for about 20 minutes.
Add a little butter (real butter) to the pasta once drained and stir. Dump the pasta in the saute pan and toss with the sauce for a minute or so. Serve the pasta on a plate (not a bowl) and sprinkle chopped hazelnuts and parsely on top. YUMMY.
All of the things I cook are simple stupid to make. I am not a chef by any means. I got most of my ideas from working in upscale restaurants for 17 years. Bon Apetite!

No comments: