Sunday, January 28, 2007

Why I don't lose weight

I love to cook. I love to eat. End of story. Here are a few of my recent dishes - I've been in a gourmet mood lately and the husband is loving it. He does think I'm certifiable, though, for taking pictures of my food. Who needs those stinking expensive restaurants!














This is stuffed pork loin in a red wine demiglace. MMMM, it was muy tasty!














These are crab cakes in a vodka tomato cream sauce accompanied by a small tenderloin steak and baked golden potato with chives, bacon and sour cream. Yeah, no calories in this dish.















This is a Crazydogmama fav - Penne pasta with chicken in a gorgonzola cream sauce topped with diced hazelnuts and parsely.















Alcoholic dessert anyone? This is a german red spiced wine - very cheap, but a 10 on the yum-yum scale. Just heat on the stove and serve with a cinnamon stick.


The wine in a pretty cup.

8 comments:

yerdoingitwrong said...

Can I come live with you?

Cheryl said...

you surely can - but it will be detrimental to your diet, I guarantee it! Heee...

Jules said...

Yummy! I am so hungry now! You are quite the chef!

marg said...

Recipies ppppllleeeeasssse!!!!

otter said...

Wow!!! Those look incredible. Where's the cilantro?

midnightbunny said...

Everything looks delicious. Kudos.

Cheryl said...

Cilantro in the crab cakes!! Cilantro in the crab cakes!!

I am big cilantro fan, too, Otter...I get it in there some how. I've been lazy - I'll get the recipes up soon. These are not tough to make, trust me, if they were, you know I couldn't do it.

Anonymous said...

Looks yummy.

You need to post more blogs damn it!