Friday, November 17, 2006

Yes, I am alive.

I know, I know, it's been 2 weeks since I have posted. Let me tell you, LOTS has been going on in my life lately. Let me start with the flooding.

Last week we had some serious rain, and the town I live in was under water. My house was OK because I live on a hill, but getting back and forth to work wasn't happening well. We're talking only one way out of town, and 30 billion people going that way at the same time. Here are some pics I took driving:

All the poor downtown businesses were under water. The water was coming up to the road, water should not be on the right at all. (Notice the really nice crack in my windshield. Stupid trucks.) There was one part where I'm like "OH SHIT", the water is spilling over the bridges!

It is hard to take pics when you are driving and starting to get a little nervous.

After a 3.5 hour commute the next day, I decided to stay with my mom for a couple of days who lives 5 minutes from where I work. I don't like being away from home, but there was (OF COURSE) an audit going on at my work, and it was critical that I get there.

I worked 30 hours in two days because of the audit. Ugh. THEN, when I went back home, Jim and I got into a huge fight and I went back to my mom's for the weekend.

My birthday was Sunday, too. I am not all that thrilled with turning 35, but Jim and I made up that day, so it turned out nice.

Let's see, hmm. Oh! I had a migraine yesterday and had to stay home from work. Is that enough drama to get out of blogging for a few weeks? I think so. But I'm back now.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:03 AM

    Still, no excuse for a 2 week blog vacation.

    Happy Birthday by the way. 35? You are old!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, you're excused. That sounds like a sucky couple of weeks! It didn't even occur to me that you guys might be having flood problems, nice friend that I am. And remember you're not as old as me. You're the lungest one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheesh. There's me with my flimsy "I haven't blogged for two weeks because I had a cold" and you have to go and show me up with a flood. I think I'm well and truly outdone in the "excuse for not blogging" department. LOL.

    Happy birthday!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete