Friday, November 17, 2006

Yes, I am alive.

I know, I know, its been 2 weeks since I have posted. Let me tell you...LOTS has been going on in my life lately. Let me start with the flooding.

Last week we had some serious rain - and the town I live in was under water. My house was OK because I live on a hill - but getting back and forth to work wasn't happening well. We're talking only one way out of town - and 30 billion people going that way at the same time. Here are some pics.















All the poor downtown businesses under water...















the water was coming up to the road - water should not be on the right at all. Notice the really nice crack in my windshield. Stupid trucks.
















the part where I'm like "oh SHIT" - the water is spilling over the bridges...

It is hard to take pics when you are driving - and starting to get a little nervous!

After a 3 and a half hour commute the next day, I decided to stay with my mom for a couple of days who lives 5 minutes from where I work. I don't like being away from home, but there was (OF COURSE) an audit going on at my work, and it was critical that I get there.

I worked 30 hours in two days because of the audit. Ugh. THEN, when I went back home, Jim and I got into a huge fight and I went back to my mom's for the weekend.

My birthday was Sunday, too. I am not all that thrilled with turning 35 - but Jim and I made up that day, so it turned out nice.

Let's see...hmmm....OH - I had a migraine yesterday and had to stay home from work.

Is that enough drama to get out of blogging for a few weeks? I think so. But I'm back now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still, no excuse for a 2 week blog vacation.

Happy Birthday by the way. 35? You are old!! :)

yerdoingitwrong said...

Yeah, you're excused. That sounds like a sucky couple of weeks! It didn't even occur to me that you guys might be having flood problems, nice friend that I am. And remember you're not as old as me. You're the lungest one.

Fluffie Bunnie said...

Sheesh. There's me with my flimsy "I haven't blogged for two weeks because I had a cold" and you have to go and show me up with a flood. I think I'm well and truly outdone in the "excuse for not blogging" department. LOL.

Happy birthday!!! :-)