Friday, February 03, 2006

A Superbowl, A Windstorm and An Earthquake

Ah, there is indeed some excitement here in the Seattle area. As most of you know, the Seattle Seahawks are in their very first Superbowl this Sunday. This place has completely gone nuts, and it shows. I was watching the news the other night and some idiot from the word go was actually walking around downtown Seattle with 10 thousand dollars IN CASH in his pocket looking to pick up two tickets to the Superbowl. That's Seattle for you. I can't pay my power bill, and someone is going to drop 10K in cash on a stupid football game. Now, don't get me wrong, I am excited to watch history taking place, but COME ON. First there is the price of the tickets, then the airfare, then the hotels (which I hear are NOT reasonably priced for the event), then the parking (which I hear is around 100$) and then the food. Twenty bucks for a hotdog anyone? If I sold my house, I might be able to attend. Sheesh.

OK, now are you ready for some irony, or some Murphy's Law, or whatever the hell you want to call it? Yeah, we are supposed to get some crazy windstorm Saturday. They are predicting 40 mph winds with gusts possibly up to 70 mph. About a million men will be having heart attacks if we lose power and/or cable for the game. I will be laughing.

We also had a nice little earthquake yesterday. Only a 3.3, but it shook up some people. Fun, fun, fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment