This is what happens when I have Insomnia.
I do have some serious insomnia. It is 5:18am in the New Year and I haven't been to bed. Its been this way for 5 days now. I nap a little during the day, but thats it. Usually I sleep too much so I don't know what to do with myself. The house is quiet. Everyone is asleep. The dogs even gave up on me. This is bad. I'm pacing and listening to my iPod. and blogging. The strangest stuff goes through your head at 3am.
Anyway, I found this little tidbit from Palm Tree Princess. Its some sort of Meme thing. Whatever that is. Happy New Year.
1. What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before?
Paid some bills late. Fuuuuuck.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Kept some, totally screwed some up. Yes, I have resolutions - more like goals.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope. Thank God.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Nope. Thank God.
5. What countries did you visit?
None. I never go ANYWHERE.
6. What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
7. What dates from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 20th -Leaving my job of 10 years. It was scary and quite freeing - I was severly stuck in a rut.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Quitting smoking! Yeeeehaw!
9. What was your biggest failure?
Gaining MORE frigging weight. Sigh.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I suffered more mental illness - and I had a bad cold. OH! and I fell down stairs and really messed up my ankle...and I fell off of a ladder and slammed my head into a coffee table.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Mine, of course.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Mine, of course.
14. Where did most of your money go?
Damn credit card companies and that really awesome espresso stand down the street.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My new job where I get paid lots more money for doing less work.
16. What song will always remind you of 2005?
'Feeling Way Too Damn Good' by Nickelback. I don't know why.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you happier or sadder?
Both for different reasons.
18. What do you wish you’d done more of?
19. What do you wish you’d done less of?
20. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
Uh...its Jan. 2006 now, so I have no idea.
21. Did you fall in love in 2005?
Yes. With my iPod Shuffle.
22. How many one-night stands?
What's a one-night stand? hehe.
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
No, I still hate all the same people.
25. What was the best book you read?
'While I Was Gone" by Sue Miller.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I don't know...I listened to Hoobastank for the first time, and Nickelback.
27. What did you want and get?
Portable printer and a bonus from work.
28. What did you want and not get?
Respect from Louie and Maggie.
29. What was your favorite film of this year?
Hmmmm..probably 'The Devil's Rejects'
30. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I was 34 and I went to Scrapbook camp. Shut up.
31.What one thing made your year measurably more satisfying?
32. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Pfffft. Like I have a fucking fashion concept. Nudity, mostly.
33. What kept you sane?
I am not sure I have ever been sane.
34. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
None. I hate celebrities and public figures.
35. What political issue stirred you the most?
36. Who did you miss?
Some friends from my old work.
37. Who was the best new person you met?
All the people I work with now - they rock.
38. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005.
I should never get on ladders.
39. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
I don't wanna. Sorry. Its personal. ;-)