Tuesday, August 09, 2005

I don't know squat
So yesterday when driving the hell-commute home, I found out that the 6-mile road to my house was closed due to a head-on collision. Yay. That means not getting home any time in the next century. I could have stopped for a bite, or gone shopping, but no. I went to the gym. I was trying to avoid that - I even had a list of excuses in my purse. But I went. Like a good girl. I haven't been for awhile and I knew going in that my muscles would retaliate. and they did. Can't walk today. I may have gotten a little over-zealous with the squats. All 60 of them. That may not sound like a lot to you out there who are workout nazi's, but I've truly been a lazy-ass this summer and haven't done SQUAT. Ha. Anyway, I have to admit it did feel good to get back in the groove, but now I have to start all over again with the can't walk up and down stairs or sit on the toilet without excrutiating pain. I kept making Jim get me things last night so that I didn't have to move. You know when you feel all rubbery and shakey 2 hours after your workout, that you will have HELL TO PAY in the next couple of days. Oh well. No pain, no gain - or in my case Pain due to no brain.

No comments: