Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Conspiracy Fun
So, I was cruising through all the websites I am obsessed with this morning, and I ran across this statement made by Stephen Benning from Watchmen Prophet Assembly:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/4087067.stm

The US has a new Delta 4 Heavy Lifter Rocket scheduled to blast off from Cape Canaveral on Sunday. This rocket is capable of lifting 13 tons of payload, and is designed to be able to reach the ISS (International Space Station). Meanwhile, NASA is using Russia's Progress 16 cargo rockets to carry food and water to the ISS since the Shuttle was grounded. The Progress can carry only about 3 tons of cargo. So, this new Delta 4 can carry 4 times the cargo.

Now, on another front, the speculation is that if the Progress 16 cannot get to the Space Station as scheduled on December 25, the astronauts on board the ISS are going to have to get on board the attached Soyuz spacecraft and evacuate.

The ZETA's and GLP people (conspiracy theorists) have been going nuts with predictions about Planet X (a big asteroid headed toward earth) and that the ISS is being evacuated because of its near approach.

So far, every comment I had read on the subject was really not making any sense. I could understand that they simply had no way to get the cargo up to the station if the Russian ship couldn't go.

Then, I read tonight about the Delta 4.

What is wrong with this picture?

Well, the Delta 4 heavy lifter is going up WITH NO PAYLOAD, only a dead weight. I have read some of the other questions regarding why the ISS evacuation is being discussed, but when I saw this article about the Delta 4 heavy lifter going up tomorrow, I had no answer. Perhaps someone like Terry Wilson can tell me why NASA could not have used the maiden voyage of the Delta 4 heavy lifter to take food and water up to the ISS? The only answer I have is that they might not want a new ship, with a new design, getting near the ISS. That is the only possibility I can think of. So now, I have to join in and ask:

WHY IS NASA TALKING ABOUT EVACUATING THE ASTRONAUTS FROM THE ISS? WHAT IS GOING ON? What is being released to the public seemingly makes no sense at all!

Things that make you go hmmmmm......

No comments: