Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Late

So, I woke up at 6 am this morning. I am supposed to be up at 5 am. Whoopsie! Called work to say I slept through my alarm. Went back to bed. (You have to make the whole late thing worth it, you know?) Got up at 7 am. Took a shower. Drove to work and got there by 9 am. Something is telling me I need a vacation. My give-a-shit meter seems to be broken. I do take my job seriously, (stop laughing) and am glad to have it, but something is wrong with me lately. Usually, I am the kind of person who will BOLT out of bed and run around in circles when I have discovered that I'm late. When I was little, I used to sleep-walk and my mom would find me in the bathroom at around 2am getting ready for school. When she asked me what in the holy hell I was doing, I would reply "Getting ready. Don't want to be late!". I'm surprised I didn't get strapped to the bed after doing that, like, 6 or 7 times. Now, 15 years later, if I get up at 2 am, it's because I've had too much to drink and need to hurl.

No comments:

Post a Comment