Friday, August 27, 2004

Oh the Agony

This was the magic week that I went to see a Naturopath. She talked with me for about an hour and a half. (What doctor does THAT anymore?) We figured out what was wrong with me. (I know, I know, that is quite a job.) After 2 Godforsaken hours of blood-giving, it turns out I have an intolerance to dairy, eggs, wheat and gluten. Who knew? I was very excited to discover that I didn't need to throw up all the time and play the guessing game "What will my bowels do today?". Then there are the headaches, ringing ears, hives and chronic fatigue - the list goes on and on. Then, it hit me. No more iced mochas, no more bread, no more egg-white omelets. I can't even have Whey protein shakes anymore - they have dairy! Mother of hell. (As quoted from Skwigg) I will be substituting all of those things with soy milk, gluten-free bread products and the like, but really, what a HUGE pain in the freakin' ass. Oh, and did I tell you about DETOXING? Yeah, it's fun folks, let me tell you. I took the day off work today because of it. I called my boss this morning and said, "I won't be coming in today because I'm coming down off iced mochas."

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:50 AM

    I like your new blog look! - divaquest

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:51 AM

    By the way, there is a name for that... I cannot remember what it is called - when you shouldn't have gluten because it tears up your guts. Do you remember what she called it? - divaquest

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diva - are you talking about Celiac's disease? It's one where your body can't process gluten. I feel for you Cheryl. I try to ignore my lactose intolerance, but damn if it doesn't keep reminding me it's there. At least maybe now you will start feeling better.

    BTW - LOVING the new look! Very pretty and cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11:48 AM

    OMG you've been BUSY. love the new layout. (jealous)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Naturopath didn't give me a formal name for my ailments - I don't think I'm severe enough for "Celiacs Disease". Basically, we agreed that I was just "messed up". Yeah, tell me something I don't know...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous5:51 PM

    Goodness!!! What will you do without iced mochas? Personally, I don't think I could go on ... but maybe you could get your local barista to create a similar concoction using soy milk? Hmm, just a thought. I've had a chai latte at Starbucks with soy milk. It was actually quite good!

    Kasey
    The Doggy Diaries

    ReplyDelete