Friday, August 27, 2004

Oh the Agony....
This was the magic week that I went to see a Naturopath. She talked with me for about an hour and a half (what doctor does THAT anymore?) and we figured out what was wrong with me. (I know, I know, that is quite a job.) After 2 Godforsaken hours of blood-giving, it turns out I have an intolerance to dairy, eggs, wheat and gluten. Who knew? I was very excited to discover that I didn't need to throw up all the time and play the guessing game "what will my bowels will do today?". Then there are the headaches, ringing ears, hives and chronic fatigue...the list goes on and on. Then...it hit me. No more iced mochas...no more bread...no more egg-white omeletes. I can't even have Whey protein shakes anymore - they have dairy!! Mother of hell. (as quoted from Skwigg) I will substituting all of those things with soy milk, gluten-free bread products and the like, but really, what a HUGE pain in the freakin' ass. Oh, and did I tell you about DETOXING? Yeah, its fun folks...let me tell you. I took the day off work today because of it. I called my boss this morning and said: "I won't be coming in today because I'm coming down off iced mochas."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your new blog look! - divaquest

Anonymous said...

By the way, there is a name for that... I cannot remember what it is called - when you shouldn't have gluten because it tears up your guts. Do you remember what she called it? - divaquest

Amy said...

Diva - are you talking about Celiac's disease? It's one where your body can't process gluten. I feel for you Cheryl. I try to ignore my lactose intolerance, but damn if it doesn't keep reminding me it's there. At least maybe now you will start feeling better.

BTW - LOVING the new look! Very pretty and cool!

Anonymous said...

OMG you've been BUSY. love the new layout. (jealous)

Cheryl said...

The Naturopath didn't give me a formal name for my ailments - I don't think I'm severe enough for "Celiacs Disease". Basically, we agreed that I was just "messed up". Yeah, tell me something I don't know...

Beth said...

Eeek. I guess we are on the same freakish page, huh? Except I do ok with sprouted wheat like Ezekiel Bread and Essene bread products, and small amounts of regular wheat.

Detoxing. Is it like a bad cold and flu and chronic fatigue mixed together with the kind of acne you had in high school or what? Sheesh. I'm glad I got over that hump.

Vita Soy soymilk (the refrigerated kind) is my favorite so far. Don't like the aseptic packaged stuff AT ALL. Too beany.

I guess I will be ordering soy lattes at Starbucks from now on.

Anonymous said...

Goodness!!! What will you do without iced mochas? Personally, I don't think I could go on ... but maybe you could get your local barista to create a similar concoction using soy milk? Hmm, just a thought. I've had a chai latte at Starbucks with soy milk. It was actually quite good!

Kasey
The Doggy Diaries