Tuesday, March 02, 2004

The Passion of Christ
I may lose a bunch of my readers today, but really, I don't care. I am unbelievably sick of society. Complain, bitch, complain, bitch. There is a constant need for the public to have some sort of 'controversy' about something. Its like they have nothing better to do but scream about something that someone else is doing...get a life.

I loved this movie. Yes, it is true, I have a very strong faith in Jesus Christ - but even if I didn't, I would like this movie. Any director that can create a certain mood or invoke certain feelings in the audience - gets my vote. No one got up to go to the bathroom, and you could hear a pin drop when it was over. I was moved to the point of tears, I was horrified, and NO, it never crossed my mind to hate Jewish people. I think it is absurd to call this movie "anti-semitic". This movie simply tells a story that has already been told. And the violence?? Well, duh! If you are squeamish, why in the hell would you go to a movie that doesn't hide the fact that it is about a CRUCIFIXION? If you can't handle blood, would you go see the Texas Chainsaw Massacre? NO. If a movie has a black person as the bad guy, does that make the movie anti-African-American? NO. I applaud Mel Gibson for making this movie. We need more people in the world with some balls!

There are many so-called "Christian" people, programs and books out there that make me sick. They totally miss the point. I do not think I'm better than anyone else. Personally, I think we are all screwed. I am not exactly a great witness for Christ. I mean, read my blog for crying out loud. I am as messed up as anyone. Anyway, my point here is - go see the movie if you aren't weak in the stomach. Its good! It really is.

No comments: