Sunday, January 04, 2004

Bummed and Freezing

It is 15 frigging degrees here. It doesn't usually get this cold here, and my blood is still a little thin from the mild winter we had last year. I can't even remember the last time it got below 32 degrees. The news is predicting a foot of snow tomorrow for my area. A FOOT! Holy crap! Lou and Mags are laying in front of the heater and won't budge. I actually love the snow, but it sucks when you have a bunch of plans. There is no way on the planet I am driving to work with a foot of snow on the ground. I am a great snow driver, but Washington drivers are among the most moronic when it comes to winter weather. "It's snowing? Oh, well, I'll drive FASTER! I have a four-wheel drive vehicle and I am the only important one on the road!" Then there are the other drivers that are like "Oh my God, its Armageddon! I'll go 2 mph up this hill!"

Tomorrow is the official end to my 2-week vacation from the office. Poo. I have been in my pajamas for the last two days and have slept more than I have been awake. I got absolutely NOTHING accomplished. I have not even brushed my hair. It was a huge effort just to check my email. Now, it's back to working double shifts, working out every day, preparing 6 meals a day and sleeping only 6 or so hours a night. As much as I would like to be a stay-at-home dog mom, I would probably end up being a 500-pound rolling donut who would break out in a sweat answering the phone. It's really a good thing that I have a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment