Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Trains, Automobiles and Coffee
I woke up late today - by ten minutes. My work clothes were in the dryer and all wrinkly. Jim was in a hurry too, so we were bumping into each other and growling. The dogs sat quietly and watched us - probably snickering to themselves. Jim left before me - and called me on the cell phone to say the f@!#!@ train was in the way and going very slow. By the time I got to the railroad tracks, the train was completely stopped. I live in an area where you must cross the railroad tracks to get out of town - unless you take the freeway. Well, the freeway was, of course, backed up to the moon - and there were many angry travelers. I knew I was going to be late for work. This did not stop me from getting my coffee at Starbucks. I was already 20 minutes late - what's another 5 minutes? So here I come, waltzing into the office almost a half hour late - holding my coffee. Oh well. What are ya gonna do?

No comments: