Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Trains, Automobiles and Coffee

I woke up late today by ten minutes. My work clothes were in the dryer and all wrinkly. Jim was in a hurry too, so we were bumping into each other and growling. The dogs sat quietly and watched us, probably snickering to themselves. Jim left before me and called me on the cell phone to say the fucking train was in the way and going very slow. By the time I got to the railroad tracks, the train was completely stopped. I live in an area where you must cross the railroad tracks to get out of town, unless you take the freeway. Well, the freeway was, of course, backed up to the moon, and there were many angry travelers. I knew I was going to be late for work. This did not stop me from getting my coffee at Starbucks. I was already 20 minutes late, what's another 5 minutes? So here I come, waltzing into the office almost a half hour late, holding my coffee. Oh well. What are ya gonna do?

No comments:

Post a Comment